As the new school year approaches and kids head back into physical classrooms, health and safety is a priority worldwide. While hand sanitizer usage boomed during the pandemic (sales jumped 600% in 2020), it can be hard for kids to remember to regularly apply it, and sometimes it may actually be risky to use. If you’re looking for some back to school safety tips, read on to explore how solutions like antimicrobial film can be a helpful supplement to hand sanitizer, masks, and social distancing.
CDC Recommended Strategy for K-12 Schools
The choice to return to the classroom or continue virtual learning is a very personal one. For those students stepping back into their brick-and-mortar school this year, it’s important to note that the CDC recommends that schools continue to use the current COVID-19 prevention tactics that were outlined for the previous (2020-2021 school year).
As of August 2021, per the CDC’s website, some key points are:
- Evidence suggests that many K-12 schools that have strictly implemented prevention strategies have been able to safely open for in-person instruction and remain open.
- CDC’s K-12 operational strategy presents a pathway for schools to provide in-person instruction safely through consistent use of prevention strategies, including universal and correct use of masks and physical distancing.
- All schools should implement and layer prevention strategies and should prioritize universal and correct use of masks and physical distancing.
- Testing to identify individuals with SARS-CoV-2 infection and vaccination for teachers and staff provide additional layers of COVID-19 protection in schools.
Antimicrobial Film in Schools
In addition to social distancing and the use of masks and hand sanitizer (which should be safely applied according to these guidelines), antimicrobial film covers can be very beneficial as a part of schools’ back to school safety tips and prevention strategies.
Antimicrobial film covers – like the ones provided by Star – are designed to cover high-touch surfaces to reduce the transfer of germs. Safe to use and easy to apply, the antimicrobial covers reduce microbes on common touch points. From door handles and desks to bathroom counters and cafeteria tables, the antimicrobial covers create safer surfaces for both students and staff alike.
Star Micronics Health & Safety Solutions
Star offers a range of contactless solutions and health and safety products to keep schools squeaky clean and students and staff feeling confident when returning to brick-and-mortar buildings.
Antimicrobial Film Benefits
Versatile and easy to use, antimicrobial film offers many benefits to the world’s reopening schools, including:
- Set it and forget it: When schools apply antimicrobial covers, they last for up to six months, and there’s less need to worry about children practicing optimal hand hygiene at all times (we all know it can be challenging for every child to remember to follow every guideline!)
- Thoroughly tested: Antimicrobial film on the market (like the ones provided by Star) feature cutting-edge antimicrobial technology and have been thoroughly tested to reduce germ transfer on surfaces (always confirm the film you purchase has been tested, as well)
- Easy to apply: Applying antimicrobial film covers can be as easy as cleaning your surface, applying the film, and wiping during routine cleaning.
- Adaptable: Antimicrobial covers like the ones offered by Star are available in pre-cut shapes for door handles, elevator buttons, and more, as well as custom sheets and rolls which can be cut to fit desks, cafeteria tables, locker doors, and more.
- Long-term solution: Antimicrobial covers on the market can last up to 6 months depending on the amount of traffic they receive and will remain active even if nicked or scratched.
Antimicrobial Covers Offered by Star
Star, a world-leading solution provider, is proud to offer a line of antimicrobial covers that are designed to reduce germ transfer in places like schools.
Featuring a proprietary antimicrobial coating that protects the surface by actively killing microbes (reducing microbe populations) on contact, the antimicrobial covers are designed to complement regular cleaning procedures. These products have been tested and are EPA-registered and latex-free.
Antimicrobial film cover highlights:
- Reduces the transfer of germs on high-touch surfaces
- Designed for use on door handles and push-bars, restroom surfaces, desks and tables, elevator buttons, and more
- Thoroughly tested, EPA compliant, EFSA compliant, RoHS compliant, and FDA compliant
- Available in rolls, sheets and pre-cut shapes
- Available in United States and Canada
- The technology is effective against: Eschherichia Coli (E. Coli), Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA), Streptococci (pneumonia, meningitis, strep throat, rheumatic fever, impetigo, scarlet fever), Taphylococci (MRSA, endocarditis, TSS), Influenza (H1N1, swine flu), Feline Coronavirus, Rhinovirus (common cold), Trichophyton (athlete’s foot), Ringworm, Candida (atopic dermatitis), Human coronavirus (NL63)
- Product safe for exposure to temperatures from 30 °F – 120 °F as well as the elements including, but not limited to, sun, rain, sleet, and snow
Explore more information about the antimicrobial covers offered by Star.
Disclaimer: NeverGerms® makes no claims regarding the safety or health of the general public or those interacting with its products. “NeverGerms®” and “Touch Less Germs®” are registered trademarks and not intended to have literal interpretation. NeverGerms products are manufactured by NeverGerms and distributed by Star Micronics. Although these products are designed to reduce microbe populations on commonly-utilized surfaces and have been tested by the manufacturer for their antimicrobial properties, Star Micronics cannot guarantee that they will eliminate all risk of germ, including virus, transfer from such surfaces. Star Micronics, as distributor, relies entirely upon claims made by manufacturer as supported by prior research. For further information, please visit www.nevergerms.com.