As an industry-leading provider of high-quality, dependable printing hardware, Star Micronics has designated a portfolio of printing, customer engagement, and health and safety solutions for any healthcare establishment. Star offers prescription and label printing, antimicrobial handheld scanners, self-check-in solutions, and more. These enhance the customer experience and boosts efficiency for pharmacies, hospitals, medical offices, and urgent care centers.
Have a look at what Star has to offer:
Antimicrobial Handheld Scanners*
Equipped with a high-power CPU, our 1D/2D scanners capture high-density, high-volume barcodes and QR codes on paper or screen.
Plus, our white handheld or wireless handheld scanners have an antimicrobial agent added into the plastic they’re made from and are easy to clean.
- Handheld or wireless handheld models
- White scanners have nShield® antimicrobial agent (models BSH-HR2081 and BSH-HR2081BT)
- Reliable and precise, even on distorted images
- Durable with 1.2m drop resistance
- Wireless handheld has 12-hour battery life
- Stands included with handheld scanners
*Only our white handheld or white wireless handheld scanners have antimicrobial properties!
Secure Rx Printing
With a fast print speed, multiple built-in security features, and modern connectivity options, the Star Micronics TSP847IIRx secure printer offers prescription printing solutions for hospitals, pharmacies, medical offices, and urgent care centers.
- Disable paper feed function
- Available with Apple MFi certified Bluetooth interface
- Ultra-secure Kensington lock slot
- High speed: 37 prescriptions per minute (180mm/sec)
- Wide paper format: 4.4″
- Available with WebPRNT Browser app
Our TSP847IIRx includes tamper-resistant features for printing e-prescriptions and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service (CMS) prescriptions. Additionally, the printer is compliant with Federal Medicaid Regulations and certified for prescription printing in many states.
Designed for Success
The TSP847IIRx works with specialized state-specific secure thermal prescription paper and utilizes Electronic Medical Records (EMR) software.
The TSP847IIRx BTi can wirelessly print from a web browser-based application on a mobile device by configuring Star’s WebPRNT Browser. This solution is compatible with iPad®, iPhone®, and iPod Touch®, as well as all Android and Windows devices.
Download our healthcare solutions brochure:
Self-Service Kiosk Printers
A leader in the self-service printing market, Star Micronics offers a robust line of kiosk printers designed for express check-in and patient information entry.
- Increase Efficiency: Kiosks reduce miscommunication and help with line-busting so your staff can focus on other initiatives
- Easy to Integrate: Star’s kiosks are easily integrated to fit your specific needs
- Connected: Communicate via Serial, USB, Lightning, Ethernet, and Bluetooth
- Multiple Profiles: With flexible enclosure designs, Star’s kiosks can be mounted vertically or horizontally and are available in small and large capacities
- Kiosk Software Support: Star supports a variety of web- or cloud-based apps and tablet-based SDKs, as well as Windows and Linux
Liner-Free Label Printing
The TSP654IISK liner-free label printer and the SK1-311 SK linerless label kiosk printer are ideal for hassle-free name badge printing for visitor check-ins.
- Repositionable liner-free thermal labels
- Stick to virtually any surface
- Easily removable, no sticky residue
- 80mm and 58 mm paper support
- The SK1-311 SK kiosk printer is ideal for self-service applications
Antimicrobial covers (AMC): Reduce Germ Transfer on High-Touch Surfaces*
Designed for high-traffic surfaces, the antimicrobial covers offered by Star are designed to reduce the transfer of germs, reducing microbes on common touchpoints.
- Reduces the transfer of germs on high-touch surfaces
- Safe to use, easy to apply, easy to remove
- Designed for use on door handles and push-bars, restroom surfaces, counters, elevator buttons, and more
- Thoroughly tested, EPA-registered, and latex-free
- Available in rolls, sheets, and pre-cut shapes
POSShield: Virus Protection Guard
The POSShield is placed between the employee and the customer, limiting the spread of germs. It’s comprised of a durable steel frame and a protective plexiglass partition.
- 30″ x 33″ plexiglass shield
- No countertop mounting or drilling required
- Adjustable mounting pole
- Compatible with any existing POS or mPOS terminal
- Light-weight and portable
Star Micronics is proud to offer a variety of healthcare solutions for the industry, from different printing technologies to customer safety and engagement products.
Find the best for your business:
NeverGerms® makes no claims regarding the safety or health of the general public or those interacting with its products. “NeverGerms®” and “Touch Less Germs®” are registered trademarks and not intended to have literal interpretation. NeverGerms products are manufactured by NeverGerms and distributed by Star Micronics. Although these products are designed to reduce microbe populations on commonly-utilized surfaces and have been tested by the manufacturer for their antimicrobial properties, Star Micronics cannot guarantee that they will eliminate all risk of germ, including virus, transfer from such surfaces. Star Micronics, as distributor, relies entirely upon claims made by manufacturer as supported by prior research. For further information, please visit www.nevergerms.com.