The term omnichannel retail has been making headlines recently, but what exactly is it? According to Shopify,
“Omnichannel retail doesn’t require you to be everywhere, just everywhere your customers are. This distinction is what separates top-performing enterprises from the rest.
Omnichannel retailing is a fully-integrated approach to commerce, providing shoppers a unified experience across all channels or touchpoints.
True omnichannel shopping goes beyond brick-and-mortar locations to mobile-browsing, online marketplaces, social media, and wherever your users browse online through retargeting ads.”
Why You Need an Omnichannel Strategy
Creating an all-encompassing experience for your shoppers is of utmost importance. Three common and effective methods of delivering an omnichannel dynamic are retail loyalty programs, customer surveys, and online reviews.
- Retail Loyalty Programs: Simply put, a retail loyalty program is a marketing program designed to motivate customers to continue to shop at/use the services providing by a given business. Common features of loyalty programs are personalized rewards, integrated social media actions, referral marketing, a game-like structure with levels and badges, and special coupons. Did you know …
- 87% of shoppers reported that they want brands to have loyalty programs
- 3 out of 4 Americans have at least one retail loyalty card
- 84% of loyalty program members are likely to choose the program retailer over its competitor
- 71% feel their loyalty programs deliver benefits that are important to them
- Customer Surveys: Implementing an online survey is an easy way to gain valuable feedback from your customers. What better way to improve your business strategy than receiving honest feedback from the ones who matter the most, your clientele? (Looking for some guidance on what questions to include? Browse 16 excellent customer survey examples.) Did you know …
- For every customer who complains to a business, 26 other customers don’t voice their feelings – and you need that valuable information!
- 95% of customers share bad experiences with others – get ahead of this and address the issue with the customer directly before the negative experience spreads to potential customers
- 81% of companies who are able to deliver customer experience excellence outperform their competition
- Resolve a complaint in the customer’s favor and they will do business with you again 70% of the time
- Online Reviews: Digital transformation is here, and a large portion of today’s consumers browse online reviews of businesses before choosing where to shop, dine out, and more. Your online reputation is important to draw in new business. In fact, did you know …
How to Onboard Customers
So now that you know the basic pieces to the omnichannel puzzle, how do you go about actually getting your customers to engage? To effectively grow your retail loyalty program, customer survey results, and online reputation, you must raise awareness … and that’s where PromoPRNT comes in.
With PromoPRNT, you can create custom on-receipt promotions (for free) that are delivered directly into the shopper’s hand via your Star printer. These promotions prompt customers to sign up for a loyalty program, provide feedback, and/or write a review. A whopping 78% of businesses say their customers don’t have a smooth brand experience across channels – be a business that does and stand out!
And guess what? It’s very easy to get started! We’ve created three omnichannel templates for you to use, which are now available to customize in the PromoPRNT dashboard:
*Windows PC users can use their existing thermal printer, others may need to update printer model. Call 1 (800) 782-7636 extension 2 for details or visit www.promoprnt.com for more details.