Whether you are a reseller, a software provider, or a business owner looking for easy-to-use point of sale (POS) solutions in your establishment, there are many benefits to choosing a one-stop shop POS manufacturer. Read on to explore the many reasons to choose one POS hardware supplier, including a full product portfolio, marketing support, and more.
1. A Full Portfolio
This first benefit really applies to resellers, software providers, and business owners alike. One of the most obvious advantages of choosing a one-stop shop POS manufacturer is that they can provide a full portfolio of solutions. No one likes to spend time and energy piecing together a solution. Choosing a sole supplier who can offer you everything you need – including receipt and label printers, cash drawers, scales, tablet stands, and health and safety solutions – is the best possible option. Other benefits include:
- Stress-Free Integrations: As an end user, when you choose a one-stop shop POS manufacturer that already has integrations with hundreds of software publishers you can rest assured that your entire hardware deployment will work seamlessly with your POS software of choice.
- Cohesive Design: Whether you are the one using the hardware, or you’re reselling it, a perk of choosing one manufacturer is that the entire POS hardware package you use or offer will have the same clean, cohesive design.
2. Technical Support
Needless to say, when it comes to technology, the quality of technical support that you receive is critical. A solid one-stop POS manufacturer candidate should offer responsive, expert support for every facet of the business.
- Software Providers: As a software publisher, a dedicated integration team that not only can provide easy-to-use SDKs, but the time and energy to help you build out a custom solution is key.
- Resellers: Businesses rely on resellers to provide complete, easy-to-use solutions. As a reseller, a worthwhile POS hardware manufacturer will provide an all-inclusive product line as well as product training and assistance in building out appealing, relevant solutions that sell.
- End Users: Support should remain readily available well after the sale, and as an end-user you should choose a one-stop POS manufacturer that offers robust tech support resources like live chat, a telephone hotline, a website where you can submit tickets, and an online help center filled with resources like FAQs, how-to guides, drivers, and more.
3. Marketing Support
Business executive Beth Comstock says it best: “You can’t sell anything if you can’t tell anything.” That is, marketing is essential to a fruitful business. Marketing can also be daunting – but the right POS hardware manufacturer can help in those efforts.
- Resellers and Software Providers: For the best chance at success, choose a POS manufacturer that offers a partner and/or loyalty program that includes perks like co-branded marketing collateral, tradeshow sponsorships, lead referrals, and more.
- End Users: As a business owner you’re likely acutely aware of how competitive the market is for restaurants, retailers, and more. It’s important to choose a POS manufacturer that prioritizes helping you market your business by developing products that help you with promotion – like receipt marketing tools – and involves you in case study opportunities, if desired.
Star Empower Partner Program
Available to Star’s software and reseller partners, the Empower Program includes exclusive discounts, marketing benefits, and more.
4. A Total Focus on YOU
For some companies that produce POS hardware, their POS division is just a drop in the bucket of their overall business architecture. When that is the case, they may not be fully dedicated to creating the most innovative POS solutions because they have their attention spread among multiple industries.
On the other hand, many POS manufacturers that provide the entire POS solution – and just that! – have their focus entirely on your needs. Read on to learn more about what that means for your business.
- Resellers and Software Providers: A POS-focused manufacturer likely has its entire sales channel devoted solely to you – and is always focused on how to improve and strength your relationship and mutual solutions.
- End Users: Your POS is your priority, and a POS-focused manufacturer’s job should be to care about your entire solution and make sure your business is doing the best it can and adapting to current circumstances. They can do this by adapting their solutions constantly so you can enjoy future-proof and cutting edge solutions at any given time.
Choosing the Right POS Manufacturer
The benefits and guidelines outlined above are just a starting point when it comes to what to consider while choosing the right POS manufacturer. In a nutshell, choosing a provider (like Star Micronics) that specializes in POS hardware and can provide an entire solution can help you enjoy innovative, plug-and play technology, as well as advanced marketing and technical support. The right partner will be with you before and after the sale – and only succeeds when you do, too.
The Star Empower Partner Program
The Star Micronics Partner Program offers our reseller and software provider partners the best pricing and support available. It is built to support our loyal partners and help them to grow their business with Star. If our partners win, we also win.
The Empower Partner Program offers the following:
- All registered partners receive product discounts
- Sales and marketing support and resources
- Development resources from Star’s dedicated Integration team
- Deal Registration
- Star Micronics Partner Portal access with custom dashboard
- And much more!
Sign up today to unlock your full benefits.