Welcome to the Star Software Update, the regular series of blog updates where Star’s Integration Team informs you about the latest important Star Micronics software updates.
In this edition:
- mPOP™ Firmware Update via the mPOP Utility App. mPOP can now support most HID devices
Read on to learn what this month's update entails.
What is Included in the Update?
The latest mPOP firmware update includes functionality enabling the mPOP to support most human interface device (HID) devices like scanners, RFID readers, and more.
What are HID Devices?
According to Wikipedia,
“A human interface device or HID is a type of computer device usually used by humans that takes input from humans and gives output to humans. The term ‘HID’ most commonly refers to the USB-HID specification.”
Common HID devices include:
- RFID readers
- Bump bars
- Keyboards & refreshable braille displays
- Magnetic Stripe Readers
- And more
The new HID device support functionality can be accessed by updating the mPOP’s firmware, which you can do via the mPOP Utility App. The mPOP Utility App is available for download on the App Store for iOS and the Google Play Store for Android.
Learn More About mPOP
The functions and connectivity of the mPOP make processing customer transactions smooth and effective for small shops, cafes, florists, bars, and many more. Aesthetically simple and elegant, the mPOP provides the ultimate point of sale solution for the new face of mPOS.
- Printer - cash drawer - scanner - device stand
- Compatible with iOS, Android, and Windows
- Cable management with multiple exit options
- Cash drawer: 4 bill and 6 or 8 adjustable coin slots
- Bluetooth 2.1 and USB connectivity
- "Drop-In & Print" paper loading