Welcome to the Star Software Update, the regular series of blog updates where Star’s Integration Team informs you about the latest important Star Micronics software updates.
In this edition:
- mC-Print Firmware Update (v3.0) via the mC-Print Utility App (v1.5.0). HID device support, new power and feed switch settings, additional cloud features and settings, and more
Read on to learn what this month’s update entails.
This update was released on May 29, 2020.
What is Included in the Update?
The recent mC-Print firmware update (v3.0), which can be accessed by updating the mC-Print Utility App to mC-Print Utility iOS/Android v1.5.0, works with both the mC-Print2 and mC-Print3 and includes several changes:
- HID Support: Included in this update is added support for HID keyboard device class USB devices. This means that the mC-Print can now support a large variety of keyboards, scanners, and more.
- New Power and Feed Switch Settings: Another addition included in the update is the new ability to enable/disable the power switch and the feed switch for applications where the printer will not be attended, such as in a self-service kiosk.
- Additional Cipher Suites: Additional cipher suites have been added as a part of this update. These cipher suites are used with CloudPRNT to accommodate the increasingly advanced security needs of cloud communication.
- New CloudPRNT Settings: Last but not least, the update also includes the added ability for CloudPRNT settings to be configured by command from an application.
The above features can be accessed by updating the printer’s firmware to v3.0, which you can do via the updated mC-Print Utility App. The newest version of the mC-Print Utility App, mC-Print Utility iOS/Android v1.5.0, is available for download and has been released on the App Store for iOS and the Play Store for Android.