NRF is a wonderful show for multiple reasons – it’s where over 40,000 retail industry professionals gather to share ideas, build partnerships, and experience the year’s latest technology. Speaking of partnerships, one of Star’s favorite reasons for being at Retail’s Big Show is the dedicated time we give to catching up with our many retail software partners.
In today’s blog post, we will explore what one our valued partners, Erply, is up to in 2020, and how they are working with Star. Learn more about our partnership in the below video interview filmed at NRF 2020 and stay tuned for even more partnership interviews in our upcoming Star Spotlight NRF 2020 Edition blog posts.
What Does Erply Do?
Erply started as an award-winning Seedcamp entry in 2009 –hence its name, ERPly!– and was officially founded in 2010. Since its establishment, Erply was designed to create B2B customizations for small to medium-sized businesses, resulting in a highly in-depth inventory management platform.
Today Erply has grown into a successful company that processes billions of annual transactions and supports over 100,000 stores across the globe in over 15 different languages.
Erply’s cloud-based, full-featured point of sale solution has helped us become a recognized leader in the retail POS space. Erply POS serves retailers large and small, and is well-known for its:
- Comprehensive POS features
- World-class API
- Highly secure servers
- Personable customer support
- Mobile applications
Flexibility has always been a key feature of Erply, and its expertise in creating highly customized solutions comes from its team of veteran developers who have years of experience building specialized business solutions.
What are Some of Erply’s Key Products?
Designed for enterprise retail, retail franchise, and more, Erply’s products can be grouped into several categories:
- Point of sale: Erply’s cloud-based POS is powerful, easy-to-use, and works online and offline. Features include employee timeclock, layaway sales, cash in or out, in-store pickup orders, recent sale lookup, stock and price lookup, returns and refunds, and more.
- Inventory management: For large and small businesses alike, Erply’s inventory management solutions include product information management (PMI), inventory transfers, stocktaking, matrix products, supplier management, stock replenishment reports, and more.
- CRM: The power is in the customer data. Erply’s retail CRM has what it takes for retailers to develop long-term customer relationships, and includes customer information, a loyalty program, and customer grouping.
- Multi-store management: Perfect for chains, Erply’s multi-store management solutions help retailers set up store locations, manage pricing, create promotions, manage employees, track store activity, and more.
- Sales management: The key to retail success lies in well-managed sales data. Erply’s back office technology allows retailers to easily create sales quotes and orders, manage order fulfillment, and handle invoicing and payments workflows.
- Reporting: Erply provides its customers with fully customizable reports, for sales, inventory, and more.
- API: Erply’s API is simple to use, and allows businesses to easily integrate with other applications, creating a true omnichannel retail experience.
What’s New with Erply in 2020?
One of the biggest differentiators for Erply in 2020 is its ability to integrate with customers’ existing tech stacks, whether it’s a CRM, ERP, or an e-commerce platform. This integration ability ensures Erply can provide a true all-in-one system, making retail operations much easier and more efficient.
What Star Products Does Erply Integrate?
Erply currently integrates the Star Micronics TSP143III, mPOP™, SM-S230i, and mC-Print2.
High-speed printing (250mm/s)
Easy setup across all models
Lightning connection for simultaneous charging and data transfer
Compatible with Star Micronics Cloud Services
Compact and sleek design
Printer - cash drawer - scanner - device stand
Compatible with iOS, Android, and Windows
Two cash drawer options: vertical bill (4 bill and 6 or 8 adjustable coin slots) and flat bill (4 bill and 4 or 6 adjustable coin slots)
2-inch portable printer with compact, lightweight design
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR / USB 2.0 full speed
Barcode/graphics printing supported
Magnetic stripe reader
2-inch thermal printer
Sleek, compact, connected
Bluetooth, USB, Lightning, LAN, CloudPRNT
SteadyLAN® technology (mCP21LB)