As a software developer in the point-of-sale (POS) space, integrating with a reliable hardware company is more than important – it’s critical. Equally important, you want that company to stay relevant, routinely coming up with hardware that meets market demand. A company that thrives on innovation while making updates as simple as possible can keep you competitive and profitable.
If you are a technology provider interested in integrating with Star, you have a lot to look forward to:
- Dedicated integration support. Our dedicated Integration Team supports POS software application developers at every step, from initial consultation through development to launch.
- Our Global Support Site. Star has an entire site dedicated to its developers with downloadable drivers, manuals, software updates, and more.
- Integrate with the latest tech while still supporting your current Star hardware. Ensure better marketability for your solution with backward and forward compatibility.
Star Micronics, one of the world’s most prominent point-of-sale (POS) solutions providers, is an established, industry-friendly company with over 60 years of experience providing high-quality, cost-effective solutions.
Staying at the forefront of market technology, with years of proven product development and manufacturing expertise, Star has firmly positioned itself as one of the most innovative companies in the industry.
- Responsive to industry trends and digital transformations
- Large distribution channel with global reach
- Integration Team supports ISVs, software developers, integrators, and other technology providers
- Live technical support – corporate experience with a personal touch
- Integrated with thousands of POS software solutions
- Wide range of solutions and peripherals for the retail, hospitality, and cannabis sectors
- Modern designs with simple user experience
- Latest technologies (AOA support, CloudPRNT, SteadyLAN, TetherLAN, Online Ordering, mPOS, etc.)
Speak to someone from our Integration Team:
DEDICATED INTEGRATION SUPPORT
At Star Micronics, our software development partners are of utmost importance to us. Our dedicated POS integration team is here to support POS software application developers every step of the way. Whether you create POS solutions for retailers, restaurants, or anything in between, our committed team is ready to make Star’s easy-to-integrate hardware work for your application.
We have our heads in the clouds – in a good way. With a wide variety of cloud-based technologies, we have what it takes to keep your solution connected. Star’s CloudPRNT technology is ideal for omnichannel and online ordering, enabling users to print directly to Star printers through a cloud service.
GLOBAL SUPPORT SITE
Star has an entire site dedicated to its developers. With downloadable drivers and manuals, software updates, and seemingly endless resources, there’s no easier way to get the information you need.
Star Micronics prioritizes supporting software development and ensures our printer SDKs, as well as drivers, manuals, FAQs, and troubleshooting information, are readily available on the Star Micronics Help Center website, including code-sharing platforms like GitHub.
Star is proud to provide a complete, modern POS solution to many markets, including hospitality, retail, cannabis, healthcare, and more. Our comprehensive portfolio of POS hardware – from receipt and label printers to scales and cash drawers – is made even stronger by its technology, including online order printing, cloud printing technology, web-based POS capabilities, SDKs for label printers, Bluetooth printers, and much more.
Partnerships are our priority at Star. We only succeed when our partners do. Our dedicated integration team is available to help you develop customized solutions, no matter which industry you’re in – restaurant, retail, cannabis, and beyond. Additionally, Star SDKs are easily accessible on GitHub.
Always Leading, Always Innovating
It’s not just a slogan. Innovation runs deep at Star. Star Micronics has been a leader in the POS space for decades. We are proud of our many industry-firsts, ranging from the first thermal printer in 1992 to the first printer with AOA support in 2022.
One of our most recent innovations, the next generation of our StarXpand™ SDK, is available for iOS and Android, and enables Star printer control for the popular cross-platform framework, React Native, with more to come!
Designed to shorten development time and reduce maintenance costs, its StarIO10 framework features asynchronous communication, an emulation-free design, human-readable command creation, faster printer search, and easy-to-use debugging log communications.