How to configure the TSP100 Series Printers for ESC/POS Mode
This application note shows how to configure a TSP100 Series Printer for ESC/POS emulation.
Supported Printers: All TSP100 Family Models: TSP100ECO, TSP100U, TSP100PUSB, TSP100LAN, TSP100GT
Supported Interfaces: USB, PoweredUSB, Ethernet
Supported Environments: Windows 10 (32/64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit), Windows 8 (32/64-bit), Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
Star Tools Needed: futurePRNT Utility V5.0 or higher (Found on Installation CD or the Star Micronics Website)
I. Text and Printing Settings
1. Ensure the futurePRNT Configuration Utility was installed, and the TSP100 was added to the Devices and Printers (or Printers and Faxes) folder.
2. Click the Windows Start button and navigate All Programs > StarMicronics > Star TSP100 > Configuration Utility.
3. Select ESC/POS Mode and click “OK”.
4. Click “General Settings” in the left menu bar.
Note: The Default Text Settings and Default Printer Settings sections contain settings relevant to print out appearance.
5. Choose the desired Code Page.
6. Choose the desired font type:
Standard: Sets standard ESC/POS font
Large: Sets a rounder, bulkier looking font
7. Choose a setting to add extra space (in dot units) to the right of each character. Extra spacing may improve appearance when the font type is set to Large.
8. Select the amount of characters per line.
42 characters: The standard for ESC/POS Mode
48 characters: The standard for Star Line Mode
9. Select the resolution pitch.
Star Standard: Uses Star Line Mode’s standard resolution. Characters are smaller compared to native ESC/POS printers, so the receipt portion is smaller and the right margin is larger.
ESC/POS Compatible: Margins and line widths are the same as a typical ESC/POS printer. Characters are the same size as
with Star Line Mode, but padding is added so that the print area occupies the same areas as on a native ESC/POS printer.
10. Click “Apply Changes” in the lower right corner.
II. Print Job Routing
For ESC/POS emulation, it is necessary to enable this setting to ensure printouts are parsed accurately. If the box is left unchecked, some applications may use Star Line Mode parsing, resulting in corrupted printing.
1. Click “Print Job Routing” in the left menu bar.
2. Place a check next to “Enable ESC/POS Routing”.
3. Click “Apply Changes”.
Congratulations! You have successfully configured the TSP100 for ESC/POS-styled print outs!