How to Install a USB or LAN mC-Print printer on Windows
This application note explains how to install a Star mC-Print2 or mC-Print3 printer on the Windows operating system (OS) using the USB or Ethernet (LAN) interface.
Supported Printers: mC-Print2, mC-Print3
Supported Interfaces: USB, LAN
Supported Environments: Windows OS
1) Download the printer driver (StarPRNT for mCollection) from the Global Support Website
2) Decompress the downloaded folder and execute “setup.exe”
3) Follow the instructions of the setup wizard to complete the installation
Installing USB Printer
After installing the driver, connect the printer to the PC’s USB port and power the printer ON. A Windows printer queue will be automatically created via plug & play.
Installing Ethernet Printer
1) Plug the printer directly into your router using an Ethernet cable.
2) Power the printer ON and print a self-test to confirm the printer’s IP address. To print a self-test:
a) Ensure printer’s power if OFF
b) While holding down the FEED button , press the Power button, and release it .
c) Release the FEED button when printing begins and remove the self-test page(s) when printing completes.
Note: Several self-test pages may be printed. .
3) For the MCP30 and MCP31L models, network information is printed after the printer’s information.
4) Open the printer utility app (this is installed with the driver)
5) Select your printer model and click next
6) Select [ Ethernet ] and click [ Search Network ].
7) Confirm the IP Adddress is the same as shown in the Self-Test, and click [ Done ]. The main menu should appear after this.
8) Click [ Windows Printer Queue Management ].
9) Click [ Add ], then [ OK ].
10) The printer is now added the queue. Click [ Test Print ] to print test page.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed your mC-Print printer in Windows.