How to Reset the Auto Cutter for TSP Printers
This application note shows how to Reset the Auto Cutter of the TSP printer, setting it back to its home position.
Sudden power loss or paper jams may cause printer’s guillotine cutter to not retract completing the cutting cycle, preventing the printer’s upper cover from opening or closing properly.
A typical locked cutter will be reset by simply restarting the printer turning the power switch OFF and back ON. Should restarting the printer not release the locked cutter, please follow the below procedure:
Supported Printers: TSP654II, TSP700II and TSP800 Series printers.
Supported Interfaces: Any
Supported Environments: Any
Note A: Be sure to turn off the printer before performing maintenance on the cutter.
B: When removing jammed paper, be careful not to damage the printer. In particular, the thermal head is easily damaged, so do not touch it.
- Ensure that the power cable is unplugged from the outlet.
- Remove the front cover.
- Remove any visible jammed paper.
- Turn the knob in front of the cutter until the guillotine blade reaches the home position, all the way towards the printer’s front.
- Open the rear cover, and remove any visible jammed paper, and close it.
- Reattach the front cover and turn the power switch ON.
Congratulations! you have now completed the reset of a TSP printer auto-cutter.