How to set up Wi-Fi dongle for Star CloudPRNT, WebPRNT, or AirPRNT
How to set up a star wireless printer with a USB WI-FI dongle. This is only compatible with the IFBD-HI01x/02x
Supported Printers: TSP654II, TSP700II, TSP800II, SP700
Supported Interfaces: CloudPRNT, AirPRNT, and WebPRNT with a Wi-Fi dongle Supported Environments: Any OS
Devices Needed: Host device (Windows, Linux, Mac Computer, iPad/iPhone, Android device), supported Wi-Fi dongle (list at buttom of page)
Setting Up Wi-Fi dongle
1) Connect the printer with Ethernet cable to the network and supported Wi-Fi dongle to the printer.
2) Perform a self-test by pressing the FEED button while turning printer ON and hold until it prints.
3) Obtain the IP address of the printer from the bottom of the second page.
4) Enter the IP address of the printer into your web browser. It will take you to the Star Intelligent Network Utility page of the printer.
5) Click Login and enter Username and Password.
6) Select Wireless Connection (under Configuration Menu)
7) Click [Enter] in the SITE SURVEY to discover the avalable wireless networks)
8) After the required wireless network SSID (Network Name) is selected, enter the Security key (wifi password) and click [connect] to join the network.
9) Click SAVE (under Network Configuration Menu). Durint this stage, do not click the browser’s back button, otherwise settings will undo.
10) Select [Save -> Configuration printing -> Restart device], and click [EXECUTE]. Then printer will reboot and print current configuration.
11) Please wait approx. 30 seconds, power the printer OFF and perform a self-test again. The new IP address will appear under the wireless network section in the self-test’s 2nd page.
12) Wireless connection status can be confirmed by clicking [Wireless Status] at the left side menu on the web utility as shown below.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up Star wireless printer!
* The following list shows the approved Wireless LAN Dongles tested by Star: