My Account

Weights and Measures information Arizona

You are here:

Everything you need to know for Arizona

Weights and Measures information

Please contact Weights & Measures

Phone: (602) 771-4933 


;AZ Image


A license from the division of Weights & Measures is required for any commercial weighing or counting device in Arizona.

To obtain a device license submit a completed Device License Application/Placed-In-Service Report to Arizona department of Agriculture. 

The store will be issued a BMF (Business MultiFunction) number and billed after the application is approved. 

If any information change on the Placed In-Service Report, you must notify Arizona’s Department of Agriculture. 

All devices used in Arizona must be NTEP Certified, the mG-Scales can be found on NTEP website by searching Star Micronics.


A registered scale Service Company is required to calibrate the scale. 

The service company must be registered with the state of Arizona. 

A list of certified service companies can be found HERE.


An inspector from the Department of Weights & Measures will come to inspect the scale yearly.

For your scales to stay accurate, it is recommended to have a certified Service Company recalibrate your scale each year. 

Related Materials

NTEP Certification Search

NIST Handbook 44 (2018 Edition)

Certificate of Conformance #17-152A1

Device License Application

Fee Codes

Was this article helpful?
How can we improve this article?
Please submit the reason for your vote so that we can improve the article.
Need more help?

Table of Contents