Global Support Center

Help Center

Help Center

My Account

Weights and Measures information Maine

You are here:

Everything you need to know for Maine

Weights and Measures information

Please contact Weights & Measures

Phone: (207) 287-3200


;ME Image


Please contact the Office of Weights & Measures to begin this process.


Proper calibration needs to be completed by a state certified Service Company

A complete list of Service Companies can be found HERE.

After calibration, the Service Company will complete a Placed-In-Service report. 

Then your scale will be sealed and ready to use.


It is recommended to have the scale recalibrated each year by a certified Service Company.

Annually an officer from the Department of Weights & Measures will come to the business and inspect the scale.

If the scale fails it can be taken out of service and/or the business will be fined. 

Related Materials

NTEP Certification Search

NIST Handbook 44 (2018 Edition)

Certificate of Conformance #17-152A1

Placed-In-Service Form

Was this article helpful?
How can we improve this article?
Please submit the reason for your vote so that we can improve the article.
Need more help?

Table of Contents