Global Support Center

Help Center

Help Center

My Account

Weights and Measures information Nebraska

You are here:

Everything you need to know for Nebraska

Weights and Measures information

Please contact Weights & Measures

Phone: 402-471-3422


;NE Image


The device must initially be registered with the Application for a Weighing & Measuring Establishment

To renew the registration visit the online portal. You will need the following info.

  • Owner ID# issued by the Department of Agriculture and printed on the postcard.
  • Checking or Savings account (with the routing number) or a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit card information

If the business changes owners or names the Department of Weights & Measures must be contacted.


A state certified Service Company is needed to properly install and calibrate the NTEP scale.

A complete list of Service Companies can be found HERE.

Calibration should be done before an inspector from Weights & Measures comes to seal the scale.


It is recommended to have the scale recalibrated once a year to ensure accuracy

At random an officer from Weights & Measures will visit to inspect the scale

You can find your local inspector HERE.

If the scale fails inspection the business is subject to fine. 

Related Materials

NTEP Certification Search

NIST Handbook 44 (2018 Edition)

Certificate of Conformance #17-152A1

Registration Application

Renewal Online Portal


Local Inspectors

Was this article helpful?
How can we improve this article?
Please submit the reason for your vote so that we can improve the article.
Need more help?

Table of Contents