My Account

Weights and Measures information West Virginia

You are here:

Everything you need to know for West Virginia

Weights and Measures information

Phone: 305-558-7890




Calibration can only be performed by a registered Technician or Service company.

Please contact the Weights & Measures office to begin this process.


You will need to provide the following information to your State’s Weights and Measures department: scale manufacturer, scale model name, COC # of Scale  (See image below for help)

The Weights and Measures Department will then schedule an appointment for the inspector to come out, plus they will provide an ID# for reference.

You will need to give the inspector your…

  • Business Name
  • Address
  • City
  • Phone Number
  • and Contact Name

The Inspector will then test your scale, if it passes, they will put a seal on the scale along with paper certification that will need to be kept with the scale.


The seal that you receive will have a year on it, you will need to contact Weights and Measures each year to have the scale’s seal renewed.

Throughout the year, test your scale with your OIML F1 Class certified calibration weights to check accuracy.

Related Materials

NIST Handbook 44 (2018 Edition)

Certificate of Conformance

NTEP Certification Search

Was this article helpful?
How can we improve this article?
Please submit the reason for your vote so that we can improve the article.
Need more help?

Table of Contents