Mass Transit Ticketing & Receipts: Mobile, Self-Service Vending Machines
Helping businesses and passengers go places
Speed, convenience, and accuracy are just a few important aspects when it comes to today’s public transit mass transit systems. Star Micronics is proud to offer a full portfolio of mass transit ticketing and point of sale (POS) solutions to drive businesses and passengers closer to those goals.
Star Micronics mass transit POS offerings include:
- Mass transit ticketing and boarding pass printing
- Mobile printing for fare collection proof of purchase on trains, buses, airplanes, and more
- Kiosk printing for ticket vending machines (tickets, labels, and receipts)
- Antimicrobial covers* to reduce germ transfer on high-touch surfaces
- And more!
Mass transit POS solutions can:
- Save Time: Fast, reliable printing means efficient line-busting and fewer missed trains/planes/buses.
- Improve Customer Experience: A shorter wait time and more payment options mean you’ll keep your passengers happy.
- Increase Ridership: A better customer experience means more customers!
- Provide Thorough Data: Better insight into sales data can be used for marketing, schedule optimization, and more.
- Enhance Security: More mobile payments mean less cash for employees to carry and a reduced risk of theft.
- Retain Revenue: Be confident all fares are accounted for by eliminating the “honor system” that is sometimes users if riders forget or do not carry cash.
And it doesn’t stop at hardware. Star Micronics partners with the industry’s leading mass transit POS software and mobile payment companies, meaning you can experience a top-of-the-line experience in every corner of your solution.
Star Micronics Product Catalog
Star provides various solutions across the technology spectrum, from native to cloud-based apps.
Star Services & Solutions
Sleek. Compact. Connected!
RELATED BLOG POSTS
Contactless Payments: A Safer, More Efficient Payment Alternative
Social distancing and minimizing human contact are topics that are on everyone’s mind these days, and for good reason. Consumers and businesses alike are leveraging
How Printer Software Technology is Evolving to Accommodate mPOS
Point of sale (POS) is no longer limited to the traditional, fixed model. Merchants have tried and proven the benefits of mobility. They can complete
Have Card, Will Travel: MBTA Introduces Mobile Credit Card Payment Option
Keolis Commuter Service (Keolis) operates the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority’s (MBTA) rail system, the fifth largest in North America. The MBTA and Keolis recently expanded
Learn More About Star’s Mass Transit POS Solutions